ZTE Unite II also known as the ZTE MF96U supports simultaneous connections for up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices. It is so popular that is sold by the network providers in locked status. The good news is that it can be unlocked using a correct Unlock/NCK code. Once the ZTE Unite II router is unlocked, it will work with any SIM in any part of the country and worldwide.
How to Unlock ZTE Unite II Router
- Make sure your ZTE Unite II WiFi router is at least 30% charged. If not, charge it.
- Switch off your router and insert a non-acceptable Network SIM (i.e. if your router is locked to Network “A” then insert the sim of Network “B”) on your ZTE Unite II router.
- Switch ON your router after inserting the SIM card in it.
- Now connect your router using a USB cable or establish a WiFi connection to ZTE Unite II router with your computer.
- Open “My Computer” and install the drivers from the virtual CD Rom if not installed already.
- The web browser should open automatically. If not, then open it manually and login to your device’s dashboard at http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.8.1 depending on ZTE Unite II IP address.
- Type admin if prompt to enter the password.
- It should redirect you to the unlocking page automatically. If not, then go to Setting and search for the option to enter the Unlock/NCK code in your router.
- Enter the correct Unlock/NCK code received from unlockmyrouter.com and click OK, Your router might reboot to display the new network.
The unlock/NCK code is not free. Place the order only if the router is asking to enter an unlock code after inserting an unsupported SIM.