ZTE MF833 is a 4G LTE Category 4 USB Stick which could achieve download speed up to 150Mbps and upload speed to 50Mbps. It is a stylish and sleek USB stick which is sold by a lot of network providers in locked form. That is, it works only with the provider to which it is locked. To use it with other providers it needs to be unlocked.
ZTE MF833 modem can be unlocked using a correct Unlock/NCK code. To unlock ZTE MF833 modem, you will have to enter the code purchased from unlockmyrouter.com or from any other unlocking server. After unlock, it will work with any SIM in any part of the country and worldwide. Don’t try any free code in your modem as the number of attempts is limited and wrong codes will permanently lock it.
How to Unlock ZTE MF833 Modem
- Insert a non-acceptable Network SIM (i.e. if your router is locked to Network “A” then insert the sim of Network “B”) on your ZTE MF833 USB Modem.
- After inserting the SIM card in your modem, connect the modem to the USB port of your computer or laptop.
- Open “My Computer” and install the drivers from the virtual CD Rom if not installed already.
- The web browser should open automatically. If not, then open it manually and login to your device’s dashboard at http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.8.1 depending on ZTE MF833 IP address.
- Type admin if prompt to enter the password.
- It should redirect you to the unlocking page automatically. If not, then go to Setting and search for the option to enter the Unlock/NCK code in your ZTE Modem.
- Enter the correct Unlock/NCK code received from unlockmyrouter.com and click OK, the Modem might reboot to display the new network.
The unlock/NCK code is not free. Place the order only if the router is asking to enter an unlock code after inserting an unsupported SIM.