ZTE R216-Z is a new 4G Mobile WiFi Hotspot from ZTE. It is an LTE Category 4 Mobile WiFi and can support download speed up to 150Mbps and upload speed to 50mbps.
ZTE R216-Z is so popular that is sold by most of the popular network providers in locked status. The good news is that it can be unlocked using a correct Unlock/NCK code. Once the ZTE R216-Z router is unlocked, it will work with any SIM in any part of the country and worldwide.
How to Unlock ZTE R216-Z Wifi router
- Make sure your ZTE R216-Z WiFi router is at least 30% charged. If not, charge it.
- Switch off your router and insert a non-acceptable Network SIM (i.e. if your router is locked to Network “A” then insert the sim of Network “B”).
- After inserting the SIM card in your ZTE R216-Z WiFi router, turn it ON.
- Now connect your router using a USB cable or establish a WiFi connection to ZTE R216-Z WiFi/MiFi router with your computer.
- Open “My Computer” and install the drivers from the virtual CD Rom if not installed already.
- The web browser should open automatically. If not, then open it manually and login to your device’s dashboard at http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.8.1 depending on router IP address.
- Type admin if prompt to enter the password.
- It should redirect you to the unlocking page automatically. If not, then go to Setting and search for the option to enter the Unlock/NCK code in your ZTE R216-Z WiFi MiFi router.
- Enter the correct Unlock/NCK code received from unlockmyrouter.com and click OK, your ZTE router might reboot to display the new network.
The unlock/NCK code is not free. Place the order only if the router is asking to enter an unlock code after inserting an unsupported SIM.
Note: The R216-Z router sold by some of the providers do not prompt to enter the Unlock/NCK code. If yours is one of them, then, go to setting and choose APN. Right click on eh web page and choose Inspect. The HTML coding of the webpage will get displayed. Search for the word Unlock. You will get “display: none” in three different places. Carefully replace each of these with “display: yes”. Once it is done, the option to enter the unlock code will be enabled.