ZTE Falcon Z917 is T-Mobile’s entry-level mobile hotspot. It has an LCD screen for changing settings and checking status. ZTE Z917 is sold by the network providers in locked status. The good news is that it can be unlocked using a correct Unlock/NCK code. Once the ZTE Z917 router is unlocked, it will work with any SIM in any part of the country and worldwide. Don’t try any free code in your router as the number of attempts is limited and wrong codes will permanently lock it.
How to Unlock ZTE Z917 Wifi router
- Make sure your ZTE Z917 WiFi router is at least 30% charged. If not, charge it.
- Switch off your router and insert a non-acceptable Network SIM (i.e. if your router is locked to Network “A” then insert the sim of Network “B”) on your ZTE Z917 router.
- After inserting the SIM card in your router, switch the ZTE Z917 WiFi router ON.
- Now connect your router using a USB cable or establish a WiFi connection with your computer or laptop.
- Open “My Computer” and install the drivers from the virtual CD Rom if not installed already.
- The web browser should open automatically. If not, then open it manually and login to your device’s dashboard at http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.8.1 depending on ZTE Z917 IP address.
- Type admin if prompt to enter the password.
- It should redirect you to the unlocking page automatically. If not, then go to Setting and search for the option to enter the Unlock/NCK code in your ZTE router.
- Enter the correct Unlock/NCK code received from unlockmyrouter.com and click OK, your router might restart to display the new network.
The unlock/NCK code is not free. Place the order only if the router is asking to enter an unlock code after inserting an unsupported SIM.