Alcatel has launched a new MiFi router in the U.K. by EE carrier, named as Y855. t supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, UMTS 900/1800/2100MHz, and LTE 800/900/ 1800/2100/ 2600MHz bands. Which means it could work well with almost all the countries in Europe and Asia. Alcatel Y855 is also available in Ghana through Surfline carrier, which can aslo be unlocked. After unlocking, you need to upload a bin file as it does not provide an option to enter the APN
How to Unlock Alcatel Y855 Router
- Turn off your Alcatel Y855 Router.
- Change the default SIM card with any another network provider SIM. If it is locked to Network “X”, insert the SIM card of network “Y” in your Alcatel Y855 Router.
- Power it on and connect to the PC using the USB cable or WiFi.
- Open your web browser and navigate to http://192.168.1.1/
- Click “Connection”. The device will prompt you to enter the NCK.
- Input here correct 10-digits unlock code / NCK which you have received from us and click Apply button.
- Once the device accepts the NCK code, restart it by clicking on “Reboot” button through Settings.
- Wait for the device to restart and login to its dashboard.
- Click Connection > Profile Management. Click New and fill all the mandatory fields.
- Finally, click on “Set Default” button.
- Now you can easily connect to the internet.
If it does not show the network, create a new profile according to the new SIM card and connect to the internet. If you are not able to create a profile follow this link.
Unlock code is not free. You will have to pay 3 USD to get the Code. Kindly pay using the link given below.